Norio Hayakawa – Non Belief

Norio Hayakawa has been part of the UFO/ conspiracy scene for over 20 years. In fact, he was becoming known in the community just as I was first writing about strange stuff. He has been in the thick of the Area 51 and Dulce underground base stories and personalities since before the beginning.

This night we talked about his involvement with the early personalities involved in these stories, such as John Lear, Bill Cooper, Ted Gunderson, and Anthony Hilder. Norio recalled his 1990 interview with Area 51 “whistleblower” Bob Lazar and the strange men who wouldn’t leave his side throughout the filming of a segment for Japanese television. He also noticed that Lazar’s home didn’t looked lived in, more like a movie set. This sounds very much like Lazar’s leaking of government secrets were highly scripted. Norio also mentioned that he first heard of Area 51 and the supposed Dulce base in a packet of reading material he requested from Bill Moore in 1988. We also discussed our experiences with a man named “Mike Younger” and our impressions of him as a disinfo agent. Much of what he did also seemed scripted and designed to create definite ideas and opinions.

Throughout the program, Norio stressed his agnostic approach. Like many others, he has found that interested non-belief is probably the best way to approach the UFO subject as well as so-called conspiracy issues. We also went into his background and bio since his immigration from his native Japan. I particularly liked his stories of working the night shift at a mortuary.

We ended with one of his original keyboard compositions entitled “Showdown At Dulce, New Mexico.”

This entry was posted in conferences, Conspiracies, Government, Intelligence, Radio Misterioso exclusive, UFOs and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Norio Hayakawa – Non Belief

1. Ward says:

Totally Awesome interview dude! Had a real fun time listening to this live last night Greg and Walter. Really the best Norio interview I’ve ever heard. The experience with Lazar and the two “handlers” was very intriguing. The Mike Younger stuff revealed even more curious information. Lots more great stories over his lifetime, Karaoke in the morgue, classic. So a total keeper for my collection Greg thank you.

Speaking of the Younger saga how about a short list of guest recommendations that would be great for your show,

Richard Sarradet (must have a follow up I miss Richards weekly insights since Dark Matters with Don is on hiatus, and you guys can talk about the possible book on Younger you got going on)

Dr. Barry Taff – come on the grandfather of all this paranormal and really one of the few people in Paranormal research that i can count on 1 finger that really has some legitimate data backed ideas about what is really going on.

Capt. Robert Salas (you promised to have him on during Richards interview)

Finally the Criswell Banner for RM so far is my favorite ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Ward. I really did enjoy doing the interview. Your guest recommendations are great. I actually wanted to get Barry Taff a long time ago. Thanks for reminding me. Richard would be easy to have on the show again. Salas had his # changed and I need to contact him through facebook, I guess.

My favorite banner is the Korla Pandit one, but there’s a few more to go.

2. JT says:

Like your very engaging guest said, this was a “relaxing show.” I enjoyed it greatly, though I was not (and still am not) very interested in either Dulce or Area 51. The interaction and your dynamic were terrific, however.

I realize I’m in the bottom 1% minority, but the beginning and the ending were the best parts of the show. A Japanese man teaching Spanish to Americans. The philosophy of tea ceremony = Martial Arts sans violence. Wide range of experience and interest vs. narrow focus.

Much of this could be applied to the Fortean phenomena by someone smarter than me. Just like The Bunnies covering “In a Persian Market” — don’t come at it straight on with blinders on, but find truth and genius in the off-notes and chords arriving sooner or the later than the percussion might suggest, from odd angles. Brilliant. An artists impression of the unknown should be equally valid as that of the scientists.

JT,

I wasn’t sure how to take the “relaxing” comment when he said it! I should consider it a good thing.

As I have said before, for better or worse, I do the show that I would want to hear, but suggestions are openly welcomed. Interesting that you liked the off-topic parts best. I added that stuff because they are fun facts about the guest that I enjoy and want the audience to know about. I think I try to do that with everyone that’s on the show.

As Karla Turner once told me, the answers come in the stories and data that most people reject. I try to keep that in mind and I’m glad you understand.

3. Picturing Norio singing karaoke inside that mortician’s home… priceless! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. PS: Funny how Norio mentions the big UFO flap of October 1973…

I was born on Oct 3rd of that year ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Sagacious says:

I really appreciate the fact that your show is now available on iTunes. It is conveniently accessible now.

6. Kandinsky says:

It was good to hear Norio Hayakawa on the Misterioso show. One of my favourite interviews of 2011 is Norio’s on the Joiner Report and one of the worst was Norio on C2C in 2010! I guess the difference is made by the interviewers.

I like how he’s been committed to a variety of explanations for the mysteries and cheerfully detaches himself from them whenever better ideas cross his mind. Rather than flip-floppery, it’s a good thing and something a few other guys could use as an example.

A lot of the time, I prefer listening to stuff from the past or recollections of past times. Norio and your recollections hit the same spots for me. This is probably because they come with a wider perspective and we can gain more insight. Much of the modern state-of-things is narrow and apparently insubstantial. It isn’t yet mythology or ufological lore although maybe, in the future these recent years might be just as thought-provoking. At the moment, I doubt that, but 20:20 hindsight is cool for a reason. ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a definite difference in shows due to the interview style. I like Angelia Joiner’s intelligent newbie style. I was actually on her show once. C2C is for a mass audience only. Nothing interesting to me. On this show I ask the questions that I want answered, even if they have nothing to do with the guest’s area of expertise. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I don’t think we are presently living in interesting times with the UFO field. Nothing really new and it appears to be stagnant. Perhaps that long view you mentioned could help.

Isn’t your favorite Norio interview this one?? ๐Ÿ™‚

7. BLACK CROW OVER AMERICA says:

Yeah you’re right , instead of Younger let’s put my team COM-12 to the test!?

Anybody wanna wager against us?

This book on ‘ YOUNGER’ would be a sorded cheap-shot at a guy who represented

us and gave our view-point a public righteous hearing and he was not allowed to go

much further and so it’s an incomplete picture of him and the good guys v the bad

guys scenario is very much in vogue still!

We could have stayed ‘sub-rosa’ in the black and no one the wiser?

The NRO was more secretive than NSA and that cover didn’t lift till 1992, for

an Agency created during the JFK Administration and it stayed ” BLACK” quite

out of reach of the general public and news orgs!

So, I guess what I’m saying is since ‘ YOUNGER’ didn’t dream us up, he could have

been recruited by us!? Think about it! BCOA

I always thought he was recruited by whatever was representing itself as “COM-12,” at least it was a suspicion until he died and then it was almost certain. Why would a book necessarily be a “cheap shot” and why do you think we hold him in such bad esteem? I believe he was doing what he wanted and had to do. I learned a lot from this particular “Mike” and I’m still using some of that knowledge. Not all that comes from hidden sources is junk and not all people think in black-and-white.

If you are who you represent yourself to be, I am glad that you are listening.

8. BLACK CROW OVER AMERICA says:

GREG,

THAT CHEAP-SHOT WAS TAKEN BY MANY OF THE SAME PERSON’S YOU HANG WITH!?

JUST MAKE SURE , YOU HAVE THE RIGHT COM-12 IN RELATIONSHIP TO
    YOUNGER! BCOA

9. GREG,

DISINFORMATION IS A DIROGATORY TERM THAT YOU WON’T FIND IN THE OFFICIAL DOD DICTIONARY AND I HAVE IT IN FRONT OF ME!?

BUT USING YOUR GROUP’S LOGIC THEN IF ” YOUNGER” HAD BEEN A DISINFO AGENTUR, IT FOLLOW’S THAT ALL COM-12 PERSON’S WOULD FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY, IS THAT CORRECT!?

SO, LET’S EXPOUND ON THAT FURTHER, SHALL WE?

ALL LIVING MATERIAL WITNESSES THAT WERE PRIVY TO THE ” ROSWELL” EVENT WHOM WILLIAM MOORE INTERVIEWED THIRTY, FOURTY YEARS LATER WERE ALL ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE HIM, OR WERE THEY BEING TRUTHFUL?

IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE GOOD NATURE OF PEOPLE AS COM-12 DOES THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS! THEY WERE TELLING THE TRUTH!