Brent Raynes – UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts And Other Usual Suspects

On April 14th, longtime paranormal researcher Brent Raynes joined me for a very fun and synchronistic couple of hours. I could have sworn that he looked up info on me beforehand as he mentioned my middle name and birthday seemingly out of nowhere in the course of talking about his investigations. Very strange.

We talked about his long-running magazine, Alternate Perceptions, his association with researcher Dr. Greg Little, the importance of truly strange UFO cases, and experiments and adventures with the spirit box. We ended with an discussion of Peruvian whistling vessels, which are claimed to put listeners in altered states.

Thanks for all of your patience while life and problems with those interwebs have conspired to keep us apart.

This entry was posted in abductions, bigfoot, contactees, Ghosts, parapsychology, researchers, spirit, ufology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 comments on “Brent Raynes – UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts And Other Usual Suspects

Yaaaay! Oh how I’ve missed my Radio Misterioso fix :D

PS: Ok, so many things to comment on, but I guess right now I should focus on those Peruvian whistles:

Last year I had the opportunity to travel to the States to the Paradigm Symposium, which my friends Micah Hanks & Scotty Roberts organized in Minneapolis (they’re repeating next year, and I encourage EVERYONE to go!) and in that trip the most incredible person I had the chance to meet —well, aside from Micah & the incomparable Nick Redfern that is ;) — was Dr. John Ward, an Egyptologist who kept blowing my mind during the whole event with his amazing stories.

One of my favorites was about how he requested access to the King’s chamber in the Great Pyramid during a solstice or something; there was going to be some sort of once-in-a-lifetime alignment & the man wanted to have the chance to spend a few hours all alone inside the rock chamber to see if anything happened —you can see this is NOT your typical academician…

Well, the authorities denied him the permit, on account on that *someone else* had already booked the chamber already! They could offer him to stay in the chamber after this mysterious individual finished, and Ward reluctantly accepted.

So the day comes and he goes to the pyramid, and the guards tell him to wait until the other guy comes down —he wasn’t even allowed to see who this other person was, probably to protect this VIP’s identity— and the finally they give him the signal to go up. So John enters the King’s chamber and lies down inside the coffin, and after a few minutes of absolute silence & darkness he hears something, like the ruffle of feet on the floor. At firsts he dismisses it as figments of his imagination, but the noise persists and he begins to be a little creeped out by it —after all, he was supposed to be all alone inside this millenarian stone structure, under thousands of tonnes of rock, right?

So John grabs his lighter to see what’s going on, and what he saw was utterly baffling: in there with him was a pair of geishas & a man wearing a kimono, performing some kind of ceremony!

After he recovered his wits John rushes out of the chamber & managed to see just who this mysterious personage that had rented the pyramid before him was. It turns out that it was —according to John— this famous Japanese archeologist (didn’t tell his name) who has made a career out of studying the Peruvian whistles, and that’s when John put 2 and 2 together: He concluded that the Japanese guy had brought along some of those whistles to test them inside the chamber, and the ‘resonance’ of the stone had somehow produced an effect that left an imprint long after he had finished the experiment. An imprint that ended up affecting him!

So I don’t know Greg, but maybe you should get your hands on some of those whistles, and test them inside the Integratron or something! :P

Later!

RPJ

• So he didn’t see the guy come out? Maybe he stayed in there with those women. How did he know that the archaeologist had used the whistles?

I’d still like to try one in the Integratron like you suggested or some other resonant chamber.

• Red Pill Junkie on said:

He didn’t see the guy go out, but he knew he was out because the guards told him. And THEN after John got out he did manage to see the guy, and he even jokingly told him “you know, I think you left something up there!”

3. Coppertop on said:

This is the first I’ve heard of these Peruvian Whistling Vessels, and between what I’ve read on the internet and Red Pill Junkie’s story, I am officially intrigued. I can’t wait to get home and listen to the podcast (Listening to fortean podcasts in an academic/corporate environment probably won’t bode well for me).

Welcome back, Radio Misterioso! Keep on spreading the weirdness!

4. James on said:

Excellent conversation, would love to hear Brent Raynes on again. Glad to hear you mention that you’ve got a new setup working nicely and ready to go. Jacques Vallée on Radio Misterioso would be a dream come true!

5. Burnt State on said:

Greg, you might not be following his thread or this forum at all anymore, but I wanted you to read all the nice things people are saying about you and your show! Sometimes I get the sense that your low key ‘happy to be an underdog’ stance carries a little self-deprecation with it on occasion. Either way, I think your show is really the only one I seriously look forward to, and am always checking for new and old shows to listen to.

Please continue to release your wonderful, eclectic material.

• No I don’t really read any forums any more, but it was good to read that people liked the last visit with Don. Thanks for the link!
      I guess I am inconsistent, but I can’t help it.

• Burnt State on said:

The inconsistency, in some way, is part f the charm of the show. As with all podcasts I’m aways interested in the recurring notes that are sung i.e. The Rebirth of Pan. During my nights talking wth trees i frequently speculate that the consciousness of the planet is more than powerful and wise enough to mess with the perceptual frameworks of silly, civilized hominids over generations through the creation of all manner of anomalous experiences.

So for me it’s not really the individual show (though your music episodes and Emenegger interviews are always brilliant); it is the accumulation of the intersection of your personality, the guests and probing of the subject matter that is just so entertaining.