Paul Kimball – Creativity and Synchronicity

RM friend and supporter Paul Kimball returned for a live appearance on June 5th. Walter Bosley was also with us as we talked about our writing projects, the creative process, and tried (without success) to stay away from the UFO subject. The after a few minutes, we seemed to hit a groove and the conversation ranged from Paul’s favorite L.A. authors to the origins of and interaction with non-human intelligence, as well as movies we like. We also touched on Paul’s opinions of some trends (or lack thereof) in the UFO field. We kept returning to the theme of Kimball’s recent run of coincidences and/ or synchronicities and whether they were purely internal, external or recursive with perceived reality (or all three.)

Another important theme was the Very Sad Monkey and whether he was actually sad or just having a bad day.

Opinions expressed by our guests are theirs and may not reflect those of the show or the server on which it resides or whomever.

This entry was posted in Authors, film and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Paul Kimball – Creativity and Synchronicity

1. OK, what’s the story with that creepy doll in the top banner that looks like it’s gonna inhabit my nightmares?? @_@

I’m glad you noticed and were appropriately terrified. It was part of a sculpture in an installation at a gallery where I gave a talk a few years ago. I plan to use it as part of a rotating gallery of images for the site banner.

2. Well, as a designer, may I suggest that you integrate the ‘Radio Misterioso’ title along with the accompanying paragraph to the banners? that way it all gets cleaner.

This is how it was set up in the past, but I haven’t taken the time to figure out how to do this on the present site. Yet. Working on it, unless you have a suggestion to make the transition more quickly. I’m also working on the paypal button and a few other improvements.

3. Greg says:

Good idea. I could do that, or I could change themes and get the whole site looking better. The layout at present was executed while I was just trying to get the site up and running again. I’ll work on it after I get back from lunch. Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Paul Kimball says:

An extremely well edited episode! 🙂

5. Paul Kimball says:

I did, but fell asleep with about 40 minutes left last night. I’m going to get to the rest of it tonight. I think this might be my best appearance yet (maybe tied with the Mac show) – there’s some goofy filler, but when we got down to business, I like it… and the synchronicity stuff, happening in real time, was cool / weird.

6. Tony Morrill says:

Wow thanks for another excellent episode Greg. Great to hear from Paul and Walter. Also thanks to you guys I now have some new things I have to check out. Never read Ask the Dust, so I will be reading that. And for what it’s worth I have also never seen Field of Dreams, so I guess I will watch that soon as well. Anyway thanks again guys!

7. Paul Kimball says:

Field of Dreams is a must – one of the great films of all-time!

Then go listen to Revolution #9 by the Beatles. 🙂

• The thing I like the most about that movie —and it’s one of my faves!— is the ending, full of ambiguous possibility. It reminds me of some of the things has written in his books (both fiction and non).

8. Andreas Vlach says:

Im just listening to the podcast – the french movie with Simone Signoret is called “Les Diaboliques” – dunno how it was translated in America. (“The Devils” maybe?)

9. Laurence Zankowski says:

Greg,

Here are a couple of links to a sculptor outside Boston, her name is Pat Keck. If you ever get to see one in real life, quite a jolt.

pat keck flickr stream

Pat Keck

Looking forward to Farah’s talk with you.

Be well

Laurence

10. Pete Diggens says:

Really enjoyed this whole episode but the Istanbal soundscape at the end was [ without getting too hippy on everyone ] wonderful, I was listening on a solitary walk in the beautiful part of the English countryside at sunset; what a magical transporting sound.