Archived And Lost Shows

There are upwards of 100 old Radio Misterioso shows in my archives (basically a drawer in the extra dresser) dating back to when the program was actually broadcast on pirate radio station KBLT in Los Angeles from 1997 to 1999. From time to time I will be digitizing and posting some of these “classic” shows.

14 comments on “Archived And Lost Shows

1. Bill Thuther on said:

New listener. I have heard and read your – Greg Bishop’s – work on other podcasts and sites. EXCITED to listen to the original source.

Thanks!!!!!

Thuther

2. Mathew McKenzie on said:

Greg, my wife and I have been fans of the program for years now. It’s great to hear that you’re making this stuff available. You even motivated me to get off my stingy ass and make a donation!

And the next time we’re in SoCal, we’ll take you out for sushi. You pick the place, we’ll pick up the tab.

• Greg on said:

Matthew,

Thanks so much for the donation!! I’m still amazed that anyone bothers to give money to the show. I guess I just had to ask.
      Please come out and visit soon. You don’t have to pick up the tab, but this place kicks ass (It’s not sushi though! Maybe it’ll have to be 2 dinners.)

Thank you again and glad you like the show.

3. Jim Parks on said:

I had the bad luck to discover your program just before your site experienced all the difficulties. I am glad to see you back up and running. I am very interested to hear the shows from the old days. I missed out on the ‘zine days and all that. I heard somewhere that you and a couple of your cohorts were the inspiration for the Lone Gunman on the X-Files. Is this true. If not, it’s a good story. Which Lone Gunman do you think you would be? I like the laid-back nature of your show, the spontaneity, and the humor. I can’t take much of any of this stuff seriously, but I find it all very entertaining — seriously!

– Jim

• Jim,

Thanks for listening, even if you don’t take it seriously. I’m slowly posting old shows–just use “archives” from the tag cloud in the right column.

Kenn Thomas actually started the rumor that he, Robert Sterling, and I were the inspiration for the Lone Gunmen show. At least I think he did. Maybe it’s true. I used to know someone who worked on the X-Files who told me that the writers had my zine in their office, so who knows? The character who was the most skeptical would probably be me.

Thanks Jim and keep listening!

Greg

4. Bill Burt on said:

Hi Greg,
    You Always continue to have a great list of shows you do Live or put up from the cassette archives. It’s pretty bad when I HAVE to do 2-3 shows to satisfy my Bishop fix, but then have to download 3-4 more for the following day, just in case my connection messes up for unknown reasons? Carry On Greg. Your much appreciated in WI.
    I need to send some spare change out your way!

Bill

• Thanks for the support, Bill. Sometimes I think I might stop doing the shows, but then I realize that some people actually enjoy them!

5. Deb Sturgeon on said:

I am interested in your radio shows with Rosemary Ellen Guiley regarding the Djinn. On her sight she has posted your comment regarding her book “The Vengeful Djinn” March 2011. In her responding comment, she refers to radio shows done with you months prior and one that she will be doing with you on April 7, 2011. If you are able to digitize those shows, they would be nice to hear. Thanks

6. Ed Feltch on said:

After hearing a few of your archived shows,I can hear how the Paracast was influneced by your show.Awesome to hear Bill Moore on your show,his stature will never be rightly perceived,ufology was dead until his arrival in 1978.Hope to hear or read him for a long time to come. Thanks.Ed Feltch

7. Intelligences on said:

Hi :

I’m one of the people who knew Ted Owens (PK Man).
    I’m under intense surveillance because of my contacts with Ted and these “Space Intelligences” since 1973 when I was specially involved in an “operation” to end the totally senseless U$/U$$R War in/over SE Asia.
    SI’s can drastically effect Weather to prevent human destruction of Earth.
    If Ya ever want to do an interview, please give me an email, considering that the same surveillance and occasional intimidation may be placed into your life as it is in mine.
    (countless Mystery phone calls, unusual “neighbors”, vandalism, arson, guilt mongering by News, etc)

8. Greg,
    Your archives aren’t showing up for some reason. I love the show, keep it up.
    Nick