Clownwatch 2016!

JIB

New idea: Occasional pop-up RM episodes dealing with current topics.

This morning I saw a post from Daniel Malone on facebook with a map of the area around the recent mysterious and disturbing Greenville, South Carolina clown sightings. He pointed out that the area is also a UFO hotspot, which of course got my attention.

greenville 3In a couple of hours, we arranged to talk about the facts and implications of this strange, but not unfamiliar phenomenon, as Loren Coleman (who coined the term “phantom clowns” in 1981 for his landmark book Mysterious America) has recently pointed out. Show friend Skylaire Alfvegren also joined us for historical and symbolic perspectives.

A couple of audio captures from the local news lead off the show.

This entry was posted in all-around genreal weirdness, pop up broadcast and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Clownwatch 2016!

1. Damon says:

Just finished listening to your Clownwatch show, very creepy. You all discussed Stephan King’s IT a number of times , there was some talk of the new version being shot and that possibly some of these sightings of pennywise or Rob zombies clowns. I’m currently working on IT and we are shooting in Toronto Canada no where near those sightings are. Plus pennywise is hidden for the public while we are shooting he’s not wandering around the woods. Thanks for all your efforts, love the idea of a pop up Misteriouso podcast !

You’re welcome! Now the clown sightings are spreading to other states and hurting the clown business (really!)

P.S. If you know any production manager who needs 4K aerial footage, please direct them to me!

2. Phil From Louisiana says:

You may want to touch base with Jeff Ritzmann about this, he was talking to someone in the Myrtle Beach area about repeated UFO sightings a year or two back. I don’t remember the details and I don’t have time right now.

3. Robert Oliver says:

Hey Greg,
    Really enjoyed the two recent shows. Great to hear Skylaire again.
    Robert Oliver

4. Scott in Oregon says:

I love the idea and the execution of the pop-up podcasts. More would be welcome, and thank you for putting these up.

5. Phil From Louisiana says:

A minor update: I realized the reason I can’t find a link for the relevant podcast of Jeff’s was that it was something on the Paranormal Waypoint podcast which is now apparently unavailable. I may have a file somewhere, but it’s at a computer elsewhere in the area.

My life kinda sucks right now.

6. david says:

i love these unedited pop ups
    please do more
    and please tell skylaire to a podcast or something