Grant Cameron: “Disclosure” Has Already Happened

Grant Cameron has been looking for answers since his own dramatic sighting in 1975. After years of searching through documents in Presidential libraries, he only recently gave up. “You would think that they’d never heard of UFOs” he says.

This week, he sent me an untitled work in progress. The paper examines the genesis of the Area 51 story and concludes that the reason for the so-called “leaks” from the secret base in the early 1990s was that a group in the U.S. intelligence community was trying to get the truth of alien contact and ET technology into the public discussion. By selectively releasing stories ranging from nearly benign to totally paranoid, Cameron thinks that there is a plan to both frighten and desensitize the public so that when the reality of an alien presence is revealed, the dominant emotion will be relief that the wildest rumors were only that.

Grant and I have been in contact for many years, and have communicated with many of the same government people. During the program, we debated many of the finer points of evidence for government knowledge of the UFO subject. He has concluded that, based on the public statements of current and former intel personnel, that the U.S. Government is dealing with a non-human race which has arrived on Earth in “nuts and bolts” craft. I am not quite ready to make that leap, and I hope that our back-and-forth over the course of the show is enlightening. It was for me, even though I remain unconvinced of anything, especially when it involves the statements of spies and others tasked with keeping national secrets. A fun and lively interview.

This entry was posted in Authors, Government, Intelligence, UFOs and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 comments on “Grant Cameron: “Disclosure” Has Already Happened

1. Tony Morrill on said:

Another excellent episode Greg. Really enjoyed the interview and I learned a thing or two (which is always great). Just my 2 cents on one thing, when Cameron mentioned the documents that had designation “MJ-12″ and then later on in the interview he said he had seen the term “Area 51″ prior to Lazar coming out with that name, he seemed to indicate that these were enough to bolster his opinion on what is going on. I’m glad you asked what you did, because it was what I had been thinking at the moment, what was the “MJ-12″ in relation to? Just because documents contain those kinds of terms doesn’t mean it has any relation to the UFO phenomena. As with you, I don’t doubt the reality of some group called “MJ-12″, however I remain unconvinced that it has any relation with UFOs and assorted phenomena. Either way another excellent episode, I really enjoy your agnosticism on these topics and your “try to convince me because I’m not convinced of much” attitude about these assorted strange phenomena. Keep up the great work

• Thanks Tony. All I’m convinced of is that there is a genuine mystery and that we probably move away from whatever lies behind it every time we make assumptions and do not allow for flexibility in our theories.

I think that Grant is honest in his opinions and tireless in his research. That is rare and deserves my respect, even if I remain agnostic about his conclusions. That’s why I wanted to interview him. There is also the problem of individual perceptions and how we come to conclusions or settle on working models. The problem with the government/ UFO subject is that most people don’t trust what politicians and official spokesmen tell them, and they shouldn’t. Any truth is buried under so much junk that the average person doesn’t have the time or patience to weed through it all.

• Ed Feltch on said:

If you’ll recall,when asked,Dr.Eric Walker confirmed the exsistence of a ufo control group that began in 1947.Walker,former president of Penn State was in the loop from the beginning and was in charge at the Kecksburg crash.

2. Laurence zankowski on said:

Greg,

I am sorry, but I found this difficult to follow. I think that if there was a way for you to come in and say recap time, what is your thrust of your discussion, what point do you wish to make, and what would you want folks listening to you right now come away with?, could make guests more focused and probably create a way to have citations / references added to each podcast.
    I will try this again…but right now, I’m just a bit wobbled in the head.

Be well

Laurence

• Laurence,

I’m sorry that you couldn’t follow the program. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t following absolutely everything either, but I don’t expect everything to make sense and I don’t expect the audience to follow everything in every show. I assume the audience has a certain level of familiarity with the subject matter, although this particular show may have stretched that assumption a little bit.

I don’t know of any program that provides references for the statements of the guests or the host. I don’t know who is listening to me “right now” (given that they are reading this) but my point, which I think that I made during the show, is that the government/ UFO situation is a minefield for researchers and I’m not sure that many answers can be found there, at least nothing that we can count on. Grant and others like Richard Dolan are certain that if the government comes clean with what it knows, official and public acceptance of the UFO phenomenon will follow.

I thought you said Grant had sent you ‘an agenda’ of questions for you –he only asked you one! :P

Sooo… how are you planning to disclose the real identity of Falcon?

I love to hear interviews with Grant. He’s the reason I’m obsessed with Wilbert Smith; somehow we need to convince Dan Aykroyd to produce a movie about his life and his dealings with the UFO mystery during the golden age of the Contactees.

He also has made me re-evaluate my ideas about Disclosure. Something I recently discussed with Robbie Graham on his blog when he mentioned the online petition Stephen Basset is promoting through the new ‘We the People’ section of the White House website –I *did* sign the damn thing anyway ;)

PS: What’s that Grant kept mentioning about “the crystal”? Is this the story about the aliens using a crystal to communicate with Truman (or Eisenhower) and show them scenes from Earth’s history, which was part of the movie Roswell?

4. Although Grant’s assertion that everyone in government is doing what they think is right, it doesn’t mean that what they are doing is right. As an extreme example, Hitler thought he was doing the right thing. Not so much, in reality. I’m not comparing government to AH, I’m just saying Grant’s assertion is a weak argument in the government’s defense…or, at the very least, his acceptance of their actions. But, each to his own…

• Red Pill Junkie on said:

To a politician, ‘doing the right thing’ translates to ‘maintaining the status quo’: not rocking the boat, keep things nice and calm so that rich people keep getting richer, which is justified by saying that promotes the economy and creates jobs for the little people.

The alternative to them is just too unpredictable and unfavorable; why should they want things to change, when they are the first to benefit from keeping things just the way they are?

In the end, the politician is an opportunistic predator; it will only follow a certain policy if it goes to his or her advantage. And the thing that’s most to their advantage is maintaining stability, whereas UFOs are about the most disruptive phenomena one can possibly imagine.

UFOs are nothing if not agents of instability. That’s why I like them so much >:)

• dia sobin on said:

“Agents of instability” – I like that! :-)

In the end, it’s the only way change occurs.

Maybe that’s one way of approaching the “anomalous”; its presence nudges us in possibly unforeseen directions…

• Ed Feltch on said:

You are wrong in your assessment.Grant merely stated that through the prism of self rightousness,no one sees themselves as evil,a word that both he and I feel is an irrelevant,moralistic control term.If you were a German in 1936 Germany or an American bankroller of Hitler’s government,both of you would have applauded him as “good”.
      As an American,it is easy for me to see which is the real “evil empire”.One would have to be driven to distraction to not to surmise the real culprit.Grant knows this but feels transcending this is more important and productive.

5. Paisley on said:

Long time listener, best show on the subject on the intertubes. Love your balanced, calm but always entertaining take on things.

Bundle of energy isn’t he? I found it hard to keep up and had to listen to it all three times! Although I’m a bit like you Greg I suspect, more of a Vallee kinda guy, Cameron did remind me of one thing I need to keep reminding myself about. Something along the lines of Clarke’s law about any sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic. I guess that’s the thing that gets me questioning my own leaning towards tricksters, tulpas, gnomes, crypto-terrestrials, synchronicity and portals etc. What if it is, in the end, just about aliens and nuts and bolts saucers, but they have all this amazing tech that can totally control our perception of them? I’d be disappointed – but that doesn’t mean it might not be true!

Anyway loved the show.

P

• Thanks for the compliments and thoughts. He does have a point about the advanced tech, and I realize that, but I also find it the more boring option! Assigning simple answers to the entire spectrum of the UFO experience limits our imaginations and theories. I like to keep ideas kicking around until some answer comes along that is testable or our ways of proving things evolve.

• Mathew McKenzie on said:

You gotta admit, though, Greg. The “most boring option” in this case would still make the average guy’s head explode if it turned out to be true.

Personally, I’m more and more inclined to think John Alexander has it right about the government. They don’t know a damned thing about what’s going on, and THAT is what really gets their boxers in a knot.

• Red Pill Junkie on said:

I’ve always wanted to know what brand of coffee Grant buys —so I can get it for myself ;)

6. BLACK CROW OVER AMERICA on said:

YEAH…. I HAVE A COMMENT TO MAKE;

“NUT AND BOLTS CRAFT” ( CAMERON) MEANS THEY WERE MANUFACTURED ON EARTH!

7. BLACK CROW OVER AMERICA on said:

GREG,

IT’S TIME TO START SHOUTING ,WE WERE ALL SOLD OUT BY MAJESTIC12,
    AREA51 IS THEIR BASE OF OPNS!

YOUNGER, SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU, THAT A RIFT OCCURRED INSIDE AREA51, ” BETWEEN THOSE WHO WISH TO MAINTAIN A CONSTITUTIONAL GOVT. AND THOSE WHO WISH TO ABOLISH IT!”

THOSE PEOPLE, ARE HOLDING TOP SECRET” Q” STATUS, THAT’S NOT A TRIVIAL MATTER AND MIKE RICONOSCIUTO SAID IT BEST, ” IF YOU GO PAST A CERTAIN LEVEL OF SECURITY, YOU’RE EITHER DEAD OR YOU DISAPPEAR!?

WAKEUP AND SMELL THE ” BLACK ROSE”; THEY JUST MET WITH THE PREZ
    AT THE WHITE HOUSE!

8. BLACK CROW OVER AMERICA on said:

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY LAW THAT SAY’S I CAN’T USE CAPITAL LETTER’S GREG!?
    Define the ” BLACK ROSE” for all your audience Greg or better yet, let’s see if Moore will answer this question!?
    William, did you ever find out from your ” AVIARY” , what Agency surfaced those MJ-12 briefing document’s and then claimed they were Bogus!? I, actually believe their real!

9. Jackofalltrades on said:

Everything that can be perceived as truth can also be perceived as false. In the UFO field (paranormal included) so much has been said and reported and also discredited that it leaves the average person dissatisfied with anything that comes out, be it from notable sources, witness and claims. Videos are no proof, nor for that matter is word of mouth. All these so called experts relating stories, selling books and web subscriptions does so much to cause doubt among this phenomena. Nothing short of a landing in a public place will it take for the average man to face this as truth. But even then, with all the disinformation, who knows if it will be man made or other worldly. Personally, I am first and foremost a skeptic. One must be in order to remain sane and not fall victim to the cult of conspiracy that is so rampant out there. With the advent of the internet nothing can be truth anymore. And the same goes for these investigators and researchers, book writers, radio talk show hosts, to name a few.

Stop selling and start proving. Otherwise it’s just fodder for fiction.