Walter Bosley and Richard Spence: Occult Murder from 1915?

About three years ago, Walter Bosley’s background in criminal investigation led him to a century-old series of unsolved deaths. As he looked into the unusual incidents, he noticed that the authorities of the time seemed to have little interest in pursuing any leads or making any real effort to solve the crimes, even though one of the victims was written up in newspapers as far away as Salt Lake City.

Empire Of The Wheel recounts Bosley’s increasing efforts to follow leads based on newspaper accounts, public records, and coroner reports from the autumn of 1915 in an effort to reconcile the unusual spate of unexplained deaths in the burgeoning town of San Bernardino, California. On the way, he and co-author Richard Spence discovered possible links to spiritualist groups, Masons, foreign spies, Aliester Crowley, and even a possible coverup by members of the local establishment at the time. Spence’s most recent book is Secret Agent 666: Aleister Crowley, British Intelligence and the Occult.

Perhaps the strangest and most startling revelation was that the infamous “Zodiac” serial killer of the 1960s may have been using elements of occult geology to plan his murders in the same way that an unnamed person or persons might have been doing at the turn of the 20th century in San Bernardino.

Bosley and Spence do not claim to have solved the mystery, but ask that the questions they raise be considered as hitherto unexamined motivations for the possible murder of at least seven people over a four-month period, which was highly unusual for the time.

This entry was posted in Authors, books, Conspiracies, forgotten history and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 comments on “Walter Bosley and Richard Spence: Occult Murder from 1915?

1. michael on said:

Fascinating episode, I went out and bought the book at Amazon immediately. Are the maps referred to in the episode by Walter Bosley available in one of his other books?

Dayuuuum! that was quite the mind-bender, you guys @_@

When Walter started talking about teluric currents, Ley lines and the Aztecs, my first impulse was to comment on a book I read in my early teens, Los Ovni y La Arqueología de México (UFOs and Mexico’s Archeologia), written in the late 1970s by Pedro Ferriz (the father of Mexican archeology) and Christian Siruguet, who was a French engineer that emigrated to Mexico and began a very interesting investigation concerning ancient Mesoamerican archeological sites.

During his investigations he discovered that when visiting Teotihuacan —one of the most important and ancient ceremonial centers in Mexico’s central plateau— and taking measures with a voltmeter, the needle would move while entering the subterranean passage of the Sun’s pyramid; so he speculated the ancient Precolombian pyramids somehow stored teluric energy. And then later he and Ferriz went on to write that some UFO sightings pointed to the fact that these craft were traversing the skies according to these same lines, akin to what Aimé Michel researched in France in the 1950s —Ferriz believed ancient Mexicans watched the UFOs flying in the sky and later built their centers under where they were most seen to honor their gods, while Siruguet was more of an ‘Ancient Astronaut’ proponent.

Later in the book, Siruguet showed a map connecting all different kinds of ancient sites in Mexico’s geography, and —according to him— there were many straight lines that crossed more than 3 of these sites! Now, we all know a single line connects two separate points, and a third point crossing the line could be a coincidence; but 4? 5? And also these lines formed all sort of regular angles that kind of reminds you of Richard Hoagland’s early research on Mars where he tried to make the case of an artificial origin for the ‘face’ and all the other weird formations found in Cydonia.

Anyways, as I was about to write all this I took another look at Walter’s posted pic, and whadayyaknow! there’s Macchu Pichu AND Teotihuacan on the background! :)

3. Walter Bosley on said:

The maps were handmade for me personally by Sesh Heri, but the book includes Heri illustrations of a smaller macro of the pertinent areas…

4. Walter Bosley on said:

And thanks for buying the book! :)

5. michael on said:

No problem, I’m glad to buy a book and help out an author…especially when their books are so attractively priced :)

• Walter Bosley on said:

Thank Amazon! I also publish adventure fiction and as a publisher, I love Kindle!

• michael on said:

I saw that, and I’m following your blog now as well. I love the Kindle as well, so much so that I picked up Latitude 33 as well. Pricing it at .99 cents makes it an impulse buy.

Cheers!

6. Laurence zankowski on said:

Walter,
    What is Sesh up to lately, I followed his blog but it seems to have only two posts.

As always, when you and Greg get together the time goes by way to fast, you need to to do a one theme 5 program / podcast and get / go deep and get Sesh in on it!

Laurence

7. I have to tell somebody!

A very good 24 hours.

I’m been stuck in a depressing rut. I drink too much…out of pot…unemployed.

The internet is getting me down.

I seldom watch TV except for Two and a Half Men reruns.

73yr/old Christian fundamentalist co-worker, Wayne turned me onto 2 and a Half Men. He said it was a pretty good show. Go figure from a guy who will not eat at a restaurant that serves booze.

I checked the TV Guide for local broadcast offerings last night. I haven’t watched an ABC,NBC,CBS, Fox or what ever TV network show since at least 2004. At 9:00 last night the Christian channel offered “Algiers” 1938 ????

Charles Boyer and Hedy Lamarr. I remembered Boyer from a couple early 60s movies. A suave, soft spoken character with a great scene presence, ala Sean Connery but from the previous generation. Hedy Lamarr…Holy…Toledo…what an absolute fox! I fell in love! Her bio reads:

In “Ecstasy” (1933) at the age of 20 she appeared nude, the first time an actress appeared sans clothes in mainstream cinema.

Invented the “Spread Spectrum Frequency Transceiver “, which made radio-guided torpedoes harder for enemies to detect or jam.

Still considered the most beautiful woman ever to grace the silver screen. Whew!!!

Today I just happened to go to town. Cass City is 5 miles away and I don’t go there to often, maybe once or twice a month. I had to wash clothes.

While I waited for the dryers to do their thing, I got in the car and cruised over to the library. It was the annual book sale weekend!

I picked up three no-brainers: Agatha Christie’s “Postern Of Fate”, Garrison Keillor’s “Lake Wobegon Days” and Alexander Dumas’ “The Three Musketeers”

It got a bit harder after that. I however found “Last Chance to See” written by Douglas Adams of “Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe” acclaim. Then Arnold Toynbee’s “Mankind and Mother Earth”

The last three books I bought were pure chances. I was pleasantly surprised that all three have received very good reviews I found posted on the internet. Antonia Fraser’s “The Warrior Queens”, about famous female political leaders, from Boadicea to Ghandi. Thomas Costain’s “The Moneyman” copyright 1947, at tale of conspiracy in 15th century France. Who knew there where conspiracies in the 15th century that were written about in 1947!! And, Beebe and Clegg’s “U S West: The Saga of Well Fargo” lots of pictures and tales from the long lost 19th century American West.

ALL for 4 Bucks!!! And I got all my washing done!

Greg, I looked and looked for anything by you, or Bosley or Keel. No luck. These people in around and around about central Michigan way still haven’t a clue.

For all of you Ley Line Lovers —that’s the name of my next Rock band!— out there: you might want to check out Binnall of America’s most recent podcast about spontaneous human combustion; it starts to deal with ‘alignments’ and that sort of thing at about 1:50:00 of the episode.

9. Walter Bosley on said:

‘Algiers’ is a great movie in which Charles Boyer plays ‘Pepi LeMoko’, a character that was very popular on stage at the time. I own a copy and watch it at least once a year…

10. Started this with low expectations (occult true crime, blah), but ended up fascinated and thoroughly entertained. Good summary of the topic, fascinating progression of discovery, interesting sidetracks… great on-focus episode. Made me want to read the book.

Would love to hear a full-on ley line episode one day, kind of a forgotten topic. Archaeoacoustics, sacred geometries, dowsing… all that stuff I used to devour as a kid. Paul Devereux and T.C. Lethebridge. Getting in touch with that 3.2 dimension by whatever means at your disposal.

11. NecroMajic on said:

Mr. Bosley I have heard you on a number of shows speaking about disneyland ley lines and carousels and i am curious if you have researched other amuesment parks and if so have you found anything strange? The reason i ask is because me and my wife live in clearfield utah near Hill Airforce base and this summer we went to lagoon a few times (the only amuesment park here in utah) where i encountered something i found to be extremely odd. There is an old rundown haunted house ride called dracula’s castle….now as you can imagine when you are standing in line the outside looks like a cheap stucco castle with a few goofy carvings on the walls that i had never really paid much attention to. On my last visit i happened to look up into the left corner of the castle where to my surprise there was a life size “Annunaki” which i have never noticed before. I just had a very odd feeling like it did not belong there and i guess i was just curious if you had any thoughts on why it might be there. I snapped a pic of it with my wifes nikon if anyone is interested in checking it out. I also thought you might be interested to know that Lagoon is home to a 110 year old hand carved Carousel.

12. Walter Bosley on said:

Very interesting, so I referred to my sources…

The park has existed for over 100 years. The carousel is a Herschell-Spillman reportedly built in 1893 but not acquired by Lagoon Park until 1906. Its prior history is UNKNOWN other than being ‘in the west’. Interestingly it is mis-categorized as a merry-go-round in some places. Merry-go-rounds only have horses, carousels offer the menagerie of animals (cats llamas, frogs, giraffes, zebras, etc etc), as this carousel does. Lagoon Park is associated with the curvilinear ley line energy that flows through the Salt Lake area. I would have to look at a closer map to determine if it’s right on it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it is because it was opened in association with the railroad in 1896. Railroads are usually built along the ley energy lines, as detailed further in ‘The Handprint of Atlas’. This park also has a roller coaster that opened in 1921.
    I would LOVE to go to Lagoon and do some experiments as I have done with an old carousel here, because the place has been there for over a century and with some attractions being there that long — the “WOW” factor for me is there.

13. Dahlia47 on said:

Hi! I read the article in the Highland Community News and I am very interested in reading your book Empire of the Wheel — unfortunately I do not own a Kindle I have a Nook (yes, I am a Nook reader). :o ) Is there any other way to get your book? Is it in paperback or will it be in paperback sometime in the near future? I live in Highland, CA, and I have noticed a lot of strange things over the years. I have always heard the rumors about the ghost that haunted the women’s dressing room, but for some reason I always thought it was at the Harris (Gottschalks) Dept. store in Redlands (in the now defunct mall). I am very fascinated learning more about this area and think that there is a lot of hidden history (and freaky things) in the Inland Empire. Anyway, I hope to be able to read your book! ~Karen

• Walter Bosley on said:

Unfortunately, not in printed format, but did you know you can download the Kindle program for free from Amazon? You don’t need a Kindle device to read Kindle books, just go to Amazon and download the program onto your PC, laptop, whatever your computer is. Amazon offers that…

The book is being planned for print publication next year, but no details on that yet…

14. Can anybody tell me where can I listen to this airing since I missed it? Where can I download this podcast?

Best regards and my compliments to you, Walter, for your new book. I am planning on buying it as soon as there is a print publication (I’m the old fashioned paper guy you know from the list we both attend)

• Theo,

You should be able to subscribe from iTunes or any number of other services. There are links at the top right of the main page for subscribing. You can also scroll down the main page until you see the interview and listen with the built-in player or download directly from this site. There are links at the bottom of the interview description.

15. Walter Bosley on said:

For Inland Empire listeners, I will be speaking on the book at the Lewis Library in Fontana, California on Nov 1st at 630PM…